Dear Prospective Member,
Our local Worcester AGO Chapter consists of musicians of all faiths, all skill levels (from beginners struggling with hymn playing, to intermediate organists, to a few concert organists who are brimming with tips and camaraderie), and many employment combinations (from volunteer positions, to second jobs, to full-time Minister of Music).
A few of the many benefits and reasons to join us are (some benefits are available only to full members):
- Access to educational and informative workshops and programs – get ideas to improve your skills and “craft” – get ideas for church music repertoire (whatever the level of ability your choir and church musicians)
- Networking with colleagues (rub shoulders with your counterparts to share tips and to commiserate!) Have people you can call and lean on for questions and help.
- Access to our Online Membership Directory with detailed contact & profile information, including links to your own web site (this is good for SEO ranking, as businesses will be familiar). Find mentors that can help you with questions and offer tips.
- Free online (web) Business-Card Ad (for yourself, music program, your own business, etc.)
- Hardcopy The American Organist (TAO) monthly magazine that is free with full membership – it’s a beautifully edited collection of news, pictures, Exclusive access to online resources such as articles, repertoire lists, music scores
- Easy access to online music calendar, with option to sign-up for custom subset calendar (weekly or monthly email link) for concert types you’re interested in
- Discounts at a growing list of Central Mass businesses
- Access to behind-the-scenes organ tours and “organ crawls”
- Advanced notice of upcoming concerts and ticket reservations (where applicable)
- Pre-concert talks/presentations from the performers.
- AGO group insurance
- Substitute resource list. Calm your fears about finding a sub when you’re planning to be away.
- Get referrals for weddings – this is a part of the substitute database service. Once a member, request to have your substitute database profile enabled.
You probably know several of your musician friends or denominational colleagues who are members. Please don’t hesitate to explore our local and national websites, and feel free to ask any questions you might have.
Please feel free to ask any member (see our online Member Directory) or me any questions you might have. We’re looking forward to having you become a part of our active music community.
Mark Mummert, Dean